Unique Intervention for Quality Primary Education-UNIQUE II is a 6-year project started its activities in December 2011. The project is being implemented with financial support of the European Union. The major objective of the project is to impart quality education to out-of-school and drop-out children particularly from the disadvantaged group through the opening of complete multigrade classes. It also intends to provide remedial services to the slow learners of targeted government and registered primary schools and offers a pre-primary education programme for 5+ age group children. UNIQUE-II aims at promoting, facilitating and managing greater community involvement and allowing the local community to participate at all stages of the project cycle. The project works for creating sufficient ownership of the local people with the aim of making more resilient and vibrant communities.
Goal and Objective:
Overall objective:To contribute to develop a collaborative basic education system that enables primary school aged children to avail quality education
- To provide primary and pre-primary education to 297,467 disadvantaged children from the targeted geographically susceptible upazila
- develop institutional collaboration and horizontal learning mechanism between formal and non-formal primary education providers
- To document and disseminate effective practices and lessons
- Through providing NFPE with a total of 205,992 out of school children and catering their learning needs, effectiveness of non-formal primary education programmes will be enhanced in 26 districts.
- The school preparedness of 61,475 children from disadvantaged communities will be accomplished and most of them will be mainstreamed in government primary schools.
- 30,000 low performing students academic performance is improved in formal schools of target upazilla
- Child-centred learning community and supportive environment is developed in the target 454 unions of the project
Who the project will serve/is serving (gender disaggregated data if possible by category of recipients)
Adult Women- 317203, Adult Men- 317203, Girl- 154683, Boy- 142784
Project Duration: 6 years (December 2011 to November 2017)
Start date: 1 December 2011
Financial partner (Donor): European Union
Implementing partner :
Assistance for Social Organization and Development (ASOD), Christian Commission for Development in Bangladesh (CCDB), Development Organisation of the Rural Poor (DORP), Padakhep Manabik Unnayan Kendra (PMUK), SUROVI, Voluntary Association for Rural Development (VARD) and Young Power in Social Action (YPSA). Besides, Plan Bangladesh supports the project as an Associate partner.
Project Location/s and number of Field offices:
26 districts, 84 upazillas which are economically vulnerable and geographically remote. Regional Offices: 6, Area Offices: 44
Bandarban, Khagrachari, Rangamati, Chittagong, Feni, Laxmipur, Noakhali, Barguna, Barisal, Bhola, Patuakhali, Bagherhat, Satkhira, Jamalpur, Kishorgonj, Mymensingh, Netrokona, Dinajpur, Gaibandha, Kurigram, Lalmonirhat, Nilphamari, Rangpur, Gazipur, Narayanganj, and Dhaka.
Number of project staffs and volunteers:
Project Staff : 494 Volunteer/Tutors (NFPE + Pre-primary + camp): 2584
Contact Person : Mr. Ghulam Faruq Hamim, Project Director
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more visite www.ahsaniamission.org.bd/unique-ii