Project Name: Ashshash: For Men and Women Who Have Escaped Trafficking
Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) one of the partners of Winrock International both in the past and present, would like, through the Ashshash project, to address the overall human trafficking problems and needs to further reduce the incidents of cross-border trafficking, rehabilitate and reintegrate the victims and survivors in mainstream social life. DAM signed an agreement with Winrock International with the support of SDC for two years, six month from November 2019 to April 2022. Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) will implement this project under this agreement in two Districts- Jeshore and Khulna.
Project Agreement Number: 6885-19-A–05
Overall Objective: Restoring dignity, improve well-Being and build self-sufficiency for men and women who have escaped trafficking.
- Men and women who have escaped trafficking improve their social and economic wellbeing by using services for reintegration.
- Institutions are made more accountable and effective in providing services beneficial to men and Women who have escaped Trafficking.
1.1: Men & Women (and their families) who have escaped trafficking are counseled psychosocially.
1.2: Men and women who have escaped trafficking graduate from technical/entrepreneurial trainings.
1.3: Men and women who have escaped trafficking received health support and legal compensation.
2.1: Communities (in trafficking-prone areas) are aware about trafficking and irregular migration.
2.2: Institutions (public/private) provide support to men and women who have escaped trafficking.
2.3: Public/private institutions (serving people who escaped trafficking) receive training for psychosocial counseling (on-the-job only) and/or legal support.
2.4: Public/private sector further develop and use the referral system to provide comprehensive victim support
Project Components: Protect human trafficking and Protection of Trafficked survivors.
- Victim Identification and enrollment
- Case Management with documentation
- Community Counseling Sessions
- Trauma counseling support by Experts (Need base)
- Provide need based and trauma informed psychosocial assistance to beneficiaries and their families
- Follow-up of employed graduates up to 6 months
- Men and women who have escaped trafficking receive health support (Need base).
- Update district level directory
- Refer strategic legal cases for follow-up and support to Bangladesh and regional counter trafficking efforts to -utilize a variety of legal frameworks and jurisdictions to assist beneficiaries with increased access to justice
- CTIP activists group formation meeting
- Capacity Development of CTIP activists on Human Trafficking, migration, Survivor service, Survivor identification, referral mechanism ;
- Bi Monthly Coordination Meeting for CTIP Activists
- Dialogue with local government Institute (Union Parishad)
- School/Madrasah/College sessions (TIE/TFD)
- Community Awareness session (POT/Pappet)
- Interactive session with youth and CBO
- Day observance.
- Sports Competition at educational Institutions
- Dialogue with law enforcement agencies and media
- Coordination meeting with service providers
- Project inception
Project Participants (Direct): Male 375 & Female 875
Project Duration: 30 Months (November 2019 to April 2022)
Financial partner (Donor): Winkrock International
Implementing partner (if any):
Project Location/s and number of Field offices: Jashore & Khulna, Two field Office.
Project Budget: 1,48,09,000
Number of project staffs and volunteers: Male 6 & Female 7
Md. Jahangir Alam, Head of CC & DRR Sector
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: 01710-231671